Followers of Christ are instructed to join together for mutual support and spiritual growth. We encourage you to find a place of worship, and we encourage you to commit to that place, even if it is not with us.
We do have expectations of members and regular participants that we don’t have of guests. We do expect members and regular participants to:
• be regularly involved in worship and Bible study,
• volunteer in ministry in order to use the gifts God has given them, and
• support the ministry of First Baptist with financial and other resources.
Members and regular participants enjoy serving in many ministries through First Baptist Covington. For anything involving working with minors, background checks are required, and policies are in place to provide screening, appropriate supervision, and accountability.
There are two privileges members have that regular participants do not:
1. Members are able to vote on church business and the calling of staff and ministers.
2. Members are eligible to serve on standing committees and as team leaders.
You can become a member of First Baptist Church, Covington, TX in the following ways:
• “come forward” during a worship service. This means to come to the front of the sanctuary during the Invitation at the end of a Sunday morning worship service and request membership. You will be given a card to fill out and will be introduced to the congregation, followed by a hearty welcome.
• make an appointment with the pastor to discuss your desire to join First Baptist. The pastor will encourage you to “come forward” during a Sunday morning worship service as described above, though you will not be required to “come forward.”
• talk with a Sunday school teacher, deacon, or ministry leader about your desire to join First Baptist. This person will encourage you to “come forward” during a Sunday morning worship service as described above, though again, “coming forward” is not a requirement for membership.
If you have any questions about becoming a member of First Baptist or other membership questions, please contact us below: